GSM900 and DCS1800/PCS1900 Dual-Band, Low-Noise Amplifiers
SiGe LNAs Improve Performance and Size of GSM Triple Band Phones
DescriptionThe MAX2651/MAX2652/MAX2653 silicon germanium (SiGe), low-noise amplifiers (LNAs) are intended for use in GSM900, DCS1800, and PCS1900 band wireless handsets. The MAX2651/MAX2652 consist of two LNAs, one optimized for the GSM900 band and the other optimized for the DCS1800/PCS1900 bands. They feature a band-select pin to switch between the two LNAs, as well as a gain-step input to reduce the gain of each LNA by 20dB and reduce supply current. The MAX2652 is functionally equivalent to the MAX2651, but features a low-power shutdown mode. The MAX2653 consists of a single LNA optimized for the DCS1800 and PCS1900 bands, and has a shutdown feature and a 20dB gain step.
The MAX2652 and MAX2653 together form an ideal solution for triple-band phone applications (GSM, DCS, and PCS bands).
The MAX2651/MAX2652/MAX2653 are fabricated using an advanced high-frequency SiGe bipolar process. As a result, all devices provide low noise figure, high gain, and high input third-order intercept point (IP3) performance at the GSM, DCS, and PCS bands. A pull-up resistor to VCC at each LNA output allows for gain adjustability. A minimal number of external components are needed for input and output matching, helping to reduce board space.
The MAX2651/MAX2652 are packaged in a 10-pin µMAX®, while the MAX2653 is packaged in an 8-pin µMAX. All devices operate from a single +2.7V to +3.3V supply.
- Wide Operating Frequency Range
- 800MHz to 1000MHz (MAX2651/52)
- 1800MHz to 2000MHz (MAX2651/52/53)
- Excellent Low-Noise Performance
- 1.2dB/1.3dB over GSM Receive Band (MAX2651/52)
- 1.8dB/1.8dB/1.7dB over DCS Receive Band (MAX2651/52/53)
- High Gain
- 18dB over GSM Receive Band (MAX2651/52)
- 18dB/17.5dB/18.5dB over DCS Receive Band (MAX2651/52/53)
- 20dB Gain Reduction in Low-Gain Mode
- Externally Adjustable Gain
- +2.7V to +3.3V Single-Supply Operation
- Low Supply Current
- 5.4mA to 7.0mA in High-Gain Mode
- 2.2mA in Low-Gain Mode
- 0.25µA Shutdown Current (MAX2652/53)
- DCS1800 or PCS1900 Single-Mode Phones
- GSM 900/DCS 1800 Dual-Band Phones
- GSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 Triple-Band Phones
- IS-136 TDMA Dual-Band Phones
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm
|Evaluation Board||2096||MAX2651EVKIT Evaluation Kit for the MAX2651, MAX2652, MAX2653|
|Evaluation Board||2096||MAX2653EVKIT Evaluation Kit for the MAX2651, MAX2652, MAX2653|
|Evaluation Board||2096||MAX2652EVKIT Evaluation Kit for the MAX2651, MAX2652, MAX2653|