Femto Basestation Bits-to-RF Radio Transmitter
Industry's First Complete Digital Bits to PA Out Transmit Subsystem for WCDMA Band 1 Femto-Basestation Applications
DescriptionThe MAX2599 complete monolithic direct-conversion I/Q transmitter is designed for WCDMA/HSPA femto basestation transmitter applications. The device is TS25.104 compliant in the 2110MHz to 2170MHz band.
The unique bits-to-RF architecture of the MAX2599 integrates a power amplifier (PA), a quadrature mixer, variable-gain RF and baseband amplifiers, baseband filters, I and Q digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and a fractional-N frequency synthesizer for local oscillator (LO) generation. Data is transferred from the baseband/DSP to the radio by a digital 1-bit sigma-delta modulated I and Q bitstream through an LVDS-like interface. The operating mode of the radio is fully programmable by a 3-wire serial interface.
The MAX2599 is specified for operation in the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a 9mm x 9mm x 1.4mm fcLGA package with exposed paddle (EP).
- Complete Digital Bits-to-RF Output Tx Radio Subsystem
- 17.5dBm at -52dBc ACLR with 16-Channel Downlink
- Supports UMTS Bands I and IV Downlink
- MAX-PHY Digital Tx Interface with Single-Bit I and Q Bitstreams
- 70dB Integrated Power Control
- Complete Reference Design Incorporating MAX2547 Receiver Available
- On-Chip Fractional-N Frequency Synthesizers for LO Generation
- Operation Controlled Entirely by 3-Wire Serial Interface; No Analog Control Signals Necessary
- Two General-Purpose Digital Outputs Programmable Through 3-Wire Serial Interface
- 9mm x 9mm Module Includes Final Stage Matching
- WCDMA/HSPA Femto Basestations: UMTS Band Class I and UMTS Band Class IV
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm