Quad-Band TDD-WCDMA Bits-to-RF Radio Transmitter
Industry's First Complete Digital Bits to PA Out Transmit Subsystem for 3G TDD User Equipment
DescriptionThe MAX2598 quad-band direct-conversion bits-to-RF radio transmitter is designed for 1x (3.84Mcps) and 2x (7.68Mcps) TDD-WCDMA applications. The part supports operation in the 874MHz, 1900MHz to 1920MHz, 2010MHz to 2025MHz, and 2050MHz to 2082MHz frequency bands.
The unique bits-to-RF architecture of the MAX2598 integrates 3 power amplifiers (PAs), quadrature mixers, variable-gain RF and baseband amplifiers, baseband filters, I and Q digital-to-analog converters (DACs), a fractional-N frequency synthesizer for local oscillator (LO) generation, and a fractional-N frequency synthesizer for sampling clock generation. Data is transferred from the baseband/DSP to the radio by a digital 1-bit sigma-delta modulated I and Q bitstream through an LVDS-like interface. The operating mode of the radio is fully programmable by a 3-wire serial interface.
The MAX2598 is specified for operation in the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a 9mm x 9mm x 1.4mm fcLGA package with exposed paddle (EP).
- Complete Digital Bits In to RF Out Radio Transmitter Subsystem
- Supports 1x (3.84Mcps) and 2x (7.68Mcps) TDD-WCDMA Operation in the Following Bands:
- 1900MHz to 1920MHz
- 2010MHz to 2025MHz
- 2050MHz to 2082MHz
- MAX-PHY Digital Tx Interface with Single-Bit I and Q Bitstreams
- Complete Two-Chip TDD-WCDMA Solution with MAX2548 Receiver
- On-Chip Fractional-N Frequency Synthesizers for LO and Data Recovery Clock Generation
- Operation Controlled Entirely by 3-Wire Serial Interface; No Analog Control Signals Necessary
- TD-SCDMA Transmitters
- TDD-WCDMA Handsets and Data Cards
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm