LTE Small-Cell MIMO Transceiver
Highest Level of RF Transceiver Integration and Performance Saves Board Space and Accelerates Time-to-Market
DescriptionThe MAX2580 is a highly integrated, multistandard transceiver for 4G (LTE) small-cell basestations. The transceiver is capable of operating in both TDD and FDD modes in all LTE bands. It incorporates two fully integrated and independent transmit and receive paths, enabling full support of MIMO operation. Each receive path includes multiple input ports to support monitoring of out of band channels. The transceiver includes all components of the RF front-end as well as baseband amplifiers, data converters and channel selection filters. The MAX2580 requires only a few external components to work as an all-band, multimode, MIMO transceiver with programmable RX and TX channel bandwidths to support all LTE configurations.
IQ mismatch of both RX and TX paths is factory calibrated to meet the EVM requirement for 64QAM modulation in select bands. In addition, the TX path does not require an external SAW filter to meet emission and desensitization specifications in some applications.
All decimation/interpolation and channel selection filters are included on chip. For data transmission to the BBIC, the transceiver includes a JESD207-compliant parallel interface. The device is controlled via a standard SPI interface.
- Operates in All LTE bands from 700MHz to 2700MHz
- Selectable Channel Bandwidth: GSM, 10MHz LTE, 20MHz LTE
- Fully Integrated Fractional-N Synthesizers
- Parallel JESD207 Baseband Data Interface
- All Decimation, Interpolation, and Channel Selection Filters are Included
- Fully Integrated DC Offset Removal
- 2% EVM
- RSSI and AGC
- On-Chip Regulators
- Temperature Sensor
- 4-Wire SPI Interface
- LTE Femtocell and Picocell Basestations
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- Low Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Long Range with High Sensitivity
- Low Power Consumption