Quad-Band TDD-WCDMA RF-to-Bits Radio Receiver
Industry's Only Complete RF-to-Digital Bits Receive Subsystem for 3GPP WCDMA/TDD Applications
DescriptionThe MAX2548 quad-band direct-conversion RF-to-bits radio receiver is designed for 1x (3.84Mcps) and 2x (7.68Mcps) TDD-WCDMA applications. The part supports operation in the 915MHz to 921MHz, 1900MHz to 1920MHz, 2010MHz to 2025MHz, and 2050MHz to 2082MHz frequency bands.
The unique RF-to-bits architecture of the MAX2548 integrates 4 LNAs, quadrature mixers, baseband anti-aliasing filters, programmable gain baseband amplifiers, high dynamic range I and Q sigma-delta analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), a fractional-N frequency synthesizer for local oscillator (LO) generation, and a fractional-N frequency synthesizer for sampling clock generation. Data is transferred from the radio to the baseband/DSP by a digital 1-bit sigma-delta modulated I and Q bit-stream through an LVDS-like interface. All decimation, compensation, and channel filtering is performed in the digital domain in compliance with the MAX-PHY digital section definition. The operating mode of the radio is fully programmable by a 3-wire serial interface.
The MAX2548 is specified for operation in the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a 7mm x 7mm x 1.4mm fcLGA package with exposed paddle (EP).
- Complete RF In to Digital Bits Out Radio Receiver Subsystem
- Supports 1x (3.84Mcps) and 2x (7.68Mcps) TDD-WCDMA Operation in the Following Bands:
- 915MHz to 921MHz
- 1900MHz to 1920MHz
- 2010MHz to 2025MHz
- 2050MHz to 2082MHz
- MAX-PHY Digital Rx Interface with Single-Bit I and Q Bitstreams
- Complete Two-Chip TDD-WCDMA Solution with MAX2598 Transmitter
- High Dynamic Range Sigma-Delta ADCs Allow Simple AGC Implementation with Switched Gain States
- On-Chip Fractional-N Frequency Synthesizers for LO and Sampling Clock Generation
- Dual Buffered Reference Outputs to Drive Transmit IC and Baseband/DSP
- Operation Controlled Entirely by 3-Wire Serial Interface; No Analog Control Signals Necessary
- TDD-WCDMA Handsets and Data Cards
- TD TV Receivers
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|