Low-Voltage IF Transceiver with Limiter and RSSI
DescriptionThe MAX2511 is a complete, highly integrated IF transceiver for applications employing a dual-conversion architecture. Alternatively, the MAX2511 can be used as a single-conversion transceiver if the RF operating frequency ranges from 200MHz to 440MHz.
In a typical application, the receiver downconverts a high IF/RF (200MHz to 440MHz) to a 10.7MHz low IF using an image-reject mixer. Functions include an image-reject downconverter with 34dB of image suppression followed by an IF buffer that can drive an off-chip IF filter; an on-chip limiting amplifier offering 90dB of monotonic received-signal-strength indication (RSSI); and a robust limiter output driver. The transmit image-reject mixer generates a clean output spectrum to minimize filter requirements. It is followed by a 40dB variable-gain amplifier that maintains IM3 levels below -35dBc. Maximum output power is 2dBm. A VCO and oscillator buffer for driving an external prescaler are also included.
The MAX2511 operates from a 2.7V to 5.5V supply and includes flexible power-management control. Supply current is reduced to 0.1µA in shutdown mode.
For applications using in-phase (I) and quadrature (Q) baseband architecture for the transmitter, Maxim offers a corresponding transceiver product: the MAX2510. The MAX2510 has features similar to those of the MAX2511, but upconverts I/Q baseband signals using a quadrature upconverter.
- Single +2.7V to +5.5V Supply
- Complete Receive Path:
- 200MHz to 440MHz (first IF) to
- 8MHz to 13MHz (second IF)
- Limiter with Differential Outputs (adjustable level)
- RSSI Function with 90dB Monotonic Dynamic Range
- Complete Transmit Path:
- 8MHz to 13MHz (second IF) to
- 200MHz to 440MHz (first IF)
- On-Chip Oscillator with Voltage Regulator and Buffer
- Advanced System Power Management (four modes)
- 0.1µA Shutdown Supply Current
- 400MHz ISM Transceivers
- IF Transceivers
- PACS, PHS, DECT, and Other PCS Wireless Handsets and Base Stations
- PWT1900 Wireless Handsets and Base Stations
- Wireless Data Links
|Part Number||Frequency Range|
|Modulation Mode||Tx Output Power|
|MAX2511||200 to 440||Quadrature||2|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|