Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Eliminate up to 35 External Components
- Low LNA Noise Figure
- PCS: 1.2dB
- Cellular: 0.9dB
- GPS: 1.0dB
- No External GPS VCO Required
- No Interstage GPS SAW Filter Required
- Triple Band, Quadruple Mode
- Ultra Low Current: < 10mA Average in CDMA Phones
- Small 28-Pin QFN Package (5mm x 5mm)
- E911 and Traveler Assistance through GPS
- GSM/TDMA Cellular Phones
- Triple-Band, Quadruple-Mode PCS/Cellular Handsets
To optimize dynamic range at minimum current, the MAX2351/MAX2354/MAX2358/MAX2359/MAX2530/MAX2531/MAX2537/MAX2538/MAX2539 implement multiple LNA and mixer states, including high gain/high linearity, high gain/low linearity, mid gain, low gain, and ultra low gain. In high-gain/high-linearity mode, the high-intercept LNA minimizes desensitization in the presence of a large interfering signal. For the other gain states, the LNA current is reduced to improve standby time. Each band is implemented with a separate mixer to optimize performance for the specific band, and each mixer provides multiple linearity modes to optimize linearity and current consumption. The ultra-low gain mode operates with very little current, which results in significant power savings because the handset typically spends most of its time in this mode.