Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz Operating Range
- Up to +24dBm Linear Output Power (ACPR of Less than -32dBc First-Side Lobe and Less than -55dBc Second-Side Lobe)
- 24% PAE at +24dBm Linear Output Power, 3.3V
24% PAE at +21dBm Linear Output Power, 3.0V
- 29dB Power Gain
- On-Chip Power Detector with Buffered Output
- Internal 50Ω Input Matching
- External Bias Control for Current Throttleback
- Integrated Bias Circuitry
- +2.7V to +4.2V Single-Supply Operation
- 0.5µA Shutdown Mode
- Tiny Chip-Scale Package (1.5mm x 2mm)
- 2.4GHz Cordless Phones
- 2.4GHz ISM Radios
- IEEE 802.11b DSSS WLAN
- IEEE 802.11g OFDM WLAN
The MAX2247 features an external bias-control pin that allows the supply current of the device to be dynamically throttled back at lower output power levels, thus improving efficiency while maintaining sufficient side-lobe suppression. Proprietary internal bias circuitry maintains stable device performance over temperature and voltage-supply variations. An additional power-saving feature is a logic-level shutdown pin that reduces supply current to 0.5µA and eliminates the need for an external supply switch. The integrated shutdown function also allows guaranteed device ramp-on and ramp-off times.
The MAX2247 integrates a power detector with 20dB dynamic range and ±0.8dB accuracy at the highest output power level. The detector provides a buffered DC voltage proportional to the output power of the device, saving cost and space by eliminating a coupler and op amp usually required to implement a power detector function. The device is packaged in the tiny 3 x 4 chip-scale package (UCSP™), measuring only 1.5mm x 2mm, making it the ideal solution for radios built in small form factors.