Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2.4GHz to 2.5GHz Operating Range
- +22.5dBm Linear Output Power (ACPR of <-33dBc 1st-Side Lobe and <-55dbc 2nd-Side Lobe)
- 28.5dB Power Gain
- On-Chip Power Detector
- External Bias Control for Current Throttleback
- +2.7V to +3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- 0.5µA Shutdown Mode
- Tiny Chip-Scale Package (1.5mm x 2.0mm)
- 2.4GHz Cordless Phones
- 2.4GHz ISM Radios
- IEEE 802.11b DSSS Radios
- Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs)
The MAX2242 PA consists of a three-stage PA, power detector, and power management circuitry. The power detector provides over 20dB of dynamic range with ±0.8dB accuracy at the highest output power level. An accurate automatic level control (ALC) function can be easily implemented using this detector circuit.
The PA also features an external bias control pin. Through the use of an external DAC, the current can be throttled back at lower output power levels while maintaining sufficient ACPR performance. As a result, the highest possible efficiency is maintained at all power levels. The device operates over a single +2.7V to +3.6V power-supply range. An on-chip shutdown feature reduces operating current to 0.5µA, eliminating the need for an external supply switch.