- Easy Evaluation of the MAX2223 IC
- Single 3.3V ± 5% Supply for IC
- On-Board 5V ± 5% DAC for Gain Control
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Operating Frequency Range
- 50Ω SMA Connectors for the RF Ports and the Baseband Outputs
- All Critical Peripheral Components Included
- Micro USB Port for Interfacing with a PC
- PC Control Software (Available at www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware)
The MAX2223 evaluation kit (EV kit) simplifies evaluation of the MAX2223. The MAX2223 is a low-cost, directconversion tuner IC designed for satellite set-top and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) applications. The device directly converts the satellite signals from the LNB to baseband using a broadband I/Q down-converter. The operating frequency range extends from 925MHz to 2175MHz. The device supports an RF bandwidth of 1GHz.
This EV kit is a complete broadband satellite tuner DVBS2 RF front-end solution. It enables testing of the device performance and requires no additional support circuitry. Standard 50Ω SMA connectors are included on the EV kit for the inputs and outputs to allow for quick and easy evaluation on the lab bench. The MAX2223 evaluation kit contains a microcontroller (MCU) that uses a 2-wire I2Ccompatible serial interface to configure internal registers and modes. A Graphical User Interface (GUI) software running on a computer connected via USB makes it simple to program and control the device operation. The evaluation kit is fully assembled and tested at the factory.
This document provides a bill of materials, a list of equipment required to evaluate the device, a straightforward test procedure to verify functionality, a description of the EV kit circuit, the circuit schematic, and artwork for each layer of the printed circuit board (PCB).