AM/FM Car Antenna Low-Noise Amplifier
Industry-Leading AM/FM LNA with Adjustable Gain Control Saves Space, Cost and Improves Functionality
DescriptionThe MAX2180A is a highly integrated AM/FM variable-gain low-noise amplifier ideal for use in automotive active antenna applications. The device features separate AM and FM signal paths, each providing 30dB of gain range, controlled by individual on-chip power detectors. The AM signal path covers a 148kHz to 30MHz input frequency range, while the FM signal path covers 65MHz to 162.5MHz.
The device integrates a voltage regulator and pass transistor, allowing operation using battery voltages in the +6V to +24V range. On-chip thermal protection automatically limits junction temperatures during extreme thermal conditions.
The device is available in a small, 4mm x 4mm, TQFN package and operates over the extended industrial temperature range (-40°C to +85°C).
- +6V to +24V Supply Voltage Range
- Integrated AGC Function Eliminates External Pin Diodes
- High Dynamic Range
- Low-Noise Sub 3dB Noise Figure
- Low External BOM
- Integrated Thermal Protection
- Small Package (4mm x 4mm TQFN)
- Integrated Pass Device and Linear Regulator
- Integrated Power Detector
- Integrated Antenna Sense
- Automotive Active Antenna
MAX2180AEVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX2180A
Technical DocumentsTutorial 5100 General Layout Guidelines for RF and Mixed-Signal PCBs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm