ISDB-T 1-Segment Tuner
Offers -99dBm to 0dBm Dynamic Range at Only 80mW Power Consumption
DescriptionThe MAX2163 low-IF tuner IC is designed for use in 1-segment ISDB-T applications. The MAX2163 directly converts UHF band signals to a low-IF using a broadband I/Q downconverter. The operating frequency range covers the UHF band from 470MHz to 806MHz.
The MAX2163 includes LNAs, RF variable gain amplifiers, I and Q downconverting mixers, a baseband variable gain amplifier, and a low-IF filter. The MAX2163's variable gain amplifiers provide in excess of 100dB of control range.
The MAX2163 also includes fully monolithic VCOs as well as a complete frequency synthesizer including an on-chip crystal oscillator and output buffer. The device operates with a crystal from 32MHz to 36MHz.
The MAX2163 features a 2-wire I²C-compatible serial-control interface. A low-power standby mode is available that shuts down the signal path leaving the control interface and register circuits active. Additionally, an external pin can shut down the entire device.
The MAX2163 is specified for operation in the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range and is available in a 5mm x 5mm x 0.8mm, 28-pin thin QFN, lead-free plastic package with exposed paddle (EP).
- Frequency Range
- UHF: 470MHz to 806MHz (UHFIN)
- Low Noise Figure: 3.2dB (typ)
- High Dynamic Range: -99dBm to 0dBm
- Optional UHF Tracking Filter
- Integrated VCO and Frequency Synthesizer
- Low LO Phase Noise: -87dBc/Hz at 10kHz
- Integrated Variable BW Low-IF Filters
- Greater Than 40dB Image Rejection
- Single +2.4V to +3.47V Supply
- Low Power: 80mW (typ) at +2.5V
- 2-Wire I²C Serial-Control Interface
- Low-Power Shutdown and Standby Modes
- Cell Phone Mobile TV
- Game Consoles
- Home Audio
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Portable Audio Devices
- Portable TV Devices
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm