Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Individual UHF (470MHz to 770MHz) and VHF (170MHz to 222MHz) Inputs
- 1- and 3-Segment Operation
- Low Noise Figure: 3.9dB Typical
- High Dynamic Range: -98dBm to 0dBm
- High-Side or Low-Side LO Injection
- Integrated VCO and Tank Circuits
- Low LO Phase Noise: -85dBc/Hz at 10kHz Typical
- Integrated Frequency Synthesizer
- Integrated Low-IF Bandpass Filter
- 48dB Image Rejection Typical
- Single +2.7V to +3.3V Supply Voltage
- Low Power: 124mW Typical
- Low-Power Shutdown and Standby Modes
- Two-Wire I²C-Compatible (MAX2161) or Three-Wire SPI/QSPI/MICROWIRE-Compatible (MAX2162) Serial Control Interface
- Tiny 3.275mm x 3.45mm x 0.55mm Wafer-Level Package (WLP)
- Automotive Navigation
- Automotive Radio
- Cell Phone Mobile TVs
- Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs)
- Portable Audio Devices
- Portable TV Devices
The MAX2161/MAX2162 include an LNA, RF variable-gain amplifiers, downconverting mixers, a power detector, an IF variable-gain amplifier, and a low-IF bandpass filter. These parts are capable of operating with either highside or low-side local oscillator (LO) injection. The MAX2161/MAX2162s' variable-gain amplifiers provide in excess of 106dB of total gain-control range.
The MAX2161/MAX2162 also include fully monolithic VCOs and tank circuits as well as a complete frequency synthesizer. These devices operate with crystal/TCXO oscillators from 32MHz to 40MHz. Additionally, a fixed divide-by-2 frequency divider is provided for the XTAL/TCXO oscillator allowing for simple and low-cost interfacing to various channel decoders.
The MAX2161 features a 2-wire I²C-compatible serial interface, while the MAX2162 features a 3-wire SPI™/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™-compatible serial interface. Both devices feature a low-power standby mode in which the entire signal path is shut down while the serial interface and register circuits are left active. In addition, both devices can be entirely shut down through either the serial interface or an external logic pin.
The MAX2161/MAX2162 are specified for operation in the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range and are available in either a 3.275mm x 3.45mm x 0.55mm, lead-free, wafer-level package (WLP) or a 6mm x 6mm x 0.8mm, 40-pin thin QFN, lead-free plastic package with exposed paddle (EP).