Global Automotive TV Tuner
Global Automotive TV Tuner Optimized for Lower Power and High Performance, Especially at Maximum Signal Levels
DescriptionThe MAX2136A is a low-power global automotive TV tuner. It directly converts a variety of broadcast signals including 3-13 segment ISDB-T, 6/7/8MHz DVB-T/T2, T-DMB/DAB, CTTB, CMMB, and ATSC/ATSC-MH to a low-IF using a broadband I/Q downconverter. The operating frequency range covers the VHF and UHF broadcast TV bands from 44MHz to 891MHz.
The MAX2136A integrates LNAs, RF variable-gain amplifiers (VGAs), VHF and UHF tracking filters, I/Q downconverting mixers, baseband VGAs, and baseband filters. The VGAs typically provide in excess of 120dB of control range. The device also includes fully monolithic VCOs and tank circuits, as well as a complete frequency synthesizer with an on-chip crystal oscillator and output buffer/divider.
The device incorporates a 2-wire (I²C) serial control interface with multiple read and write addresses.
A low-power standby mode is available whereupon the signal path is shut down while leaving the serial control interface and crystal oscillator circuits active. For further power savings, the crystal oscillator can be disabled by placing the device in shutdown mode using the external shutdown pin.
The MAX2136A is available in a 32-pin TQFN package (5mm x 5mm) with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Multiple Frequency Ranges
- VHF-L: 44MHz to 108MHz
- VHF-H: 167MHz to 254MHz
- UHF: 469MHz to 891MHz
- Low Noise Figure: 3.7dB (typ)
- High Dynamic Range: -100dBm to +10dBm
- Integrated VHF/UHF Tracking Filter
- Integrated VCO and Tank Circuits
- Low Phase Noise: -95dBc/Hz at 10kHz (typ)
- Integrated Variable Bandwidth Channel Filters
- Single +3.3V Supply Voltage
- Low Power: 231mW (typ)
- Shutdown and Standby Modes
- I²C Serial Interface
- Automotive TV Systems
- Laptop/Desktop TV Receivers
- Personal Multimedia Players
- Portable LCD TVs
- Portable Navigation Devices
|Part Number||Applications||Input Frequency|
|Ref. Clock Freq.|
(mm x mm)
|16 to 36|
|2.7 to 3.47||70||5.0 x 5.0||-40 to +85|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm