Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 2300MHz to 4000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 2600MHz to 4300MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 7.7dB Conversion Loss
- 8.5dB Noise Figure
- +32.5dBm Typical Input IP3
- 21dBm Typical Input 1dB Compression Point
- 68dBc Typical 2RF - 2LO Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated RF and LO Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031 Series of 650MHz to 1000MHz Mixers and the MAX2039/MAX2041/MAX2042 Series of 1700MHz to 3000MHz Mixers
- Single 5.0V or 3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistor Provides Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- 3.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX2044 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an LO buffer, and on-chip baluns that allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The MAX2044 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 138mA at VCC = 5.0V or 121mA at VCC = 3.3V.
The MAX2044 is pin similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031 650MHz to 1000MHz mixers and the MAX2039/MAX2041/MAX2042 1700MHz to 3000MHz mixers, making this entire family of up/downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX2044 is available in a compact 20-pin thin QFN (5mm x 5mm) package with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.