Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Wide-Band Coverage
- 1600MHz to 3900MHz RF Frequency Range
- 1300MHz to 4000MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 7.2dB Conversion Loss
- 7.25dB Noise Figure
- High Linearity
- +33dBm Input IP3
- +21.7dBm Input 1dB Compression Point
- 72dBc Typical 2LO - 2RF Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Simple PCB Layout
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated LO and RF Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -6dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Compatible with the MAX2042 2000MHz to 3000MHz Mixer
- Pin-Similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031/MAX2033 650MHz to 1550MHz Mixers, MAX2039/MAX2041 1700MHz to 3000MHz Mixers, and MAX2044 2300MHz to 4000MHz Mixer
- Single +5.0V or +3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistor Provides Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
- 1.8GHz/1.9GHz GSM/EDGE/CDMA Base Stations
- 2.1GHz WCDMA/LTE Base Stations
- 2.3GHz TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE Base Stations
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- 3.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the IC also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an LO buffer, and on-chip baluns that allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The IC requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 140mA at VCC = 5.0V or 122mA at VCC = 3.3V.
The MAX2042A is pin compatible with the MAX2042 2000MHz to 3000MHz mixer. The MAX2042A is also pin similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031/MAX2033 650MHz to 1550MHz mixers, the MAX2039/MAX2041 1700MHz to 3000MHz mixers, and the MAX2044 2300MHz to 4000MHz mixer, making the entire family of upconverters/downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX2042A is available in a compact, 20-pin TQFN package (5mm x 5mm) with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended TC = -40°C to +85°C temperature range.