SiGe High-Linearity, 2000MHz to 3000MHz Upconversion/Downconversion Mixer with LO Buffer
Industry's Highest Performing, Fully Integrated SiGe Passive Mixer, Featuring Superior IP3, 2RF - 2LO and LO ± 2IF Performance
DescriptionThe MAX2042 single, high-linearity upconversion/downconversion mixer provides +36dBm IIP3, 7.3dB noise figure, and 7.2dB conversion loss for 2000MHz to 3000MHz WCS, LTE, WiMAX™, and MMDS wireless infrastructure applications. With a wide LO frequency range of 1800MHz to 2800MHz, this particular mixer is ideal for low-side LO injection receiver and transmitter architectures. High-side LO injection is supported by the MAX2042A, which is pin-pin and functionally compatible with the MAX2042.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX2042 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an LO buffer, and on-chip baluns that allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The MAX2042 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 138mA at VCC = +5.0V or 120mA at VCC = +3.3V.
The MAX2042 is pin compatible with the MAX2042A 2000MHz to 3900MHz mixer. The device is also pin similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031 650MHz to 1000MHz mixers, the MAX2039/MAX2041 1700MHz to 3000MHz mixers, and the MAX2044/MAX2044A 3000MHz to 4000MHz mixers, making this entire family of up/downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX2042 is available in a compact 20-pin thin QFN (5mm x 5mm) package with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 2000MHz to 3000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 1800MHz to 2800MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 7.2dB Conversion Loss
- 7.3dB Noise Figure
- +36dBm Typical IIP3
- +23.4dBm Typical Input 1dB Compression Point
- 70dBc Typical 2RF - 2LO Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated RF and LO Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Compatible with the MAX2042A 2000MHz to 3900MHz High-Side LO Injection Mixer
- Pin Similar with the MAX2029/MAX2031 650MHz to 1000MHz Mixers, MAX2039/MAX2041 1700MHz to 3000MHz Mixers, and MAX2044/MAX2044A 3000MHz to 4000MHz Mixers
- Single +5.0V or +3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistor Provides Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
- 2.3GHz WCS Base Stations
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm