0.1GHz to 3GHz, 75dB Logarithmic Detector/Controller
0.1GHz to 3GHz, 75dB RF Log Detector/Controller Delivers Best Dynamic Range and Precision Over Temperature
DescriptionThe MAX2015 complete multistage logarithmic amplifier is designed to accurately convert radio-frequency (RF) signal power in the 0.1GHz to 3GHz frequency range to an equivalent DC voltage. The outstanding dynamic range and precision over temperature of this log amplifier make it particularly useful for a variety of base station and other wireless applications, including automatic gain control (AGC), transmitter power measurements, and received signal strength indication (RSSI) for terminal devices.
The MAX2015 can also be operated in a controller mode where it measures, compares, and controls the output power of a variable-gain amplifier as part of a fully integrated AGC loop.
This logarithmic amplifier provides much wider measurement range and superior accuracy compared to controllers based on diode detectors, while achieving excellent temperature stability over the full -40°C to +85°C operating range.
- Complete RF Detector/Controller
- 0.1GHz to 3GHz Frequency Range
- Exceptional Accuracy Over Temperature
- High Dynamic Range
- 2.7V to 5.25V Supply Voltage Range*
- Scaling Stable Over Supply and Temperature Variations
- Controller Mode with Error Output
- Shutdown Mode with Typically 1µA of Supply Current
- Available in 8-Pin µMAX® and TDFN Packages
- AGC Measurement and Control
- Cellular Base Station, WLAN, Microwave Link, Radar, and other Military Applications
- RF Transmitter Power Measurement
- RSSI Measurements
|Part Number||Detector Type||Dynamic Range|
|MAX2015||Log. Amp.||75||2.7 to 5.25||17.3||100||3000|
MAX2015EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX2015
Technical DocumentsTutorial 5100 General Layout Guidelines for RF and Mixed-Signal PCBs
App Note 5085 Circuit Detects and Locates Hidden RF Bugs
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|