Dual, SiGe High-Linearity, 3000MHz to 4000MHz Downconversion Mixer with LO Buffer
Lowest Noise, Highest Linearity 3000MHz to 4000MHz Dual, SiGe Mixer for WiMAX and LTE Base Stations, Featuring Superior IIP3, NF, and 2RF-2LO Performance
DescriptionThe MAX19999 dual-channel downconverter provides 8.3dB of conversion gain, +24dBm input IP3, +11.4dBm 1dB input compression point, and a noise figure of 10.5dB for 3000MHz to 4000MHz WiMAX™ and LTE diversity receiver applications. With an optimized LO frequency range of 2650MHz to 3700MHz, this mixer is ideal for low-side LO injection architectures.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX19999 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes two double-balanced passive mixer cores, two LO buffers, and a pair of differential IF output amplifiers. Integrated on-chip baluns allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs.
The MAX19999 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm and a typical supply current of 388mA at VCC = +5.0V or 279mA at VCC = +3.3V.
The MAX19999 is pin compatible with the MAX19997A 1800MHz to 2900MHz mixer and pin similar with the MAX19985/MAX19985A and MAX19995/MAX19995A series of 700MHz to 2200MHz mixers, making this entire family of downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used across multiple frequency bands.
The MAX19999 is available in a compact 6mm x 6mm, 36-pin thin QFN package with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended temperature range, from TC = -40°C to +85°C.
- 3000MHz to 4000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 2650MHz to 3700MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 8.3dB Conversion Gain
- +24dBm Input IP3
- 10.5dB Noise Figure
- +11.4dBm Input 1dB Compression Point
- 74dBc Typical 2 x 2 Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Dual Channels Ideal for Diversity Receiver Applications
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated LO and RF Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Compatible with the MAX19997A 1800MHz to 2900MHz Mixer
- Pin Similar to the MAX9995/MAX9995A and MAX19995/MAX19995A 1700MHz to 2200MHz Mixers and the MAX9985/MAX9985A and MAX19985/MAX19985A 700MHz to 1000MHz Mixers
- 39dB Channel-to-Channel Isolation
- Single +5.0V or +3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistors Provide Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
- 3.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Microwave Links
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
|Part Number||Channels||RF Freq.|
|3.3V Supply Current|
|5V Supply Current|
(mm x mm)
|MAX19999||2||3000||4000||2650||3700||50||500||8.3||24||10.5||74||3.0 to 5.25||279||388||6.0 x 6.0|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm