SiGe, High-Linearity, 2300MHz to 4000MHz Downconversion Mixer with LO Buffer
Lowest Noise, Highest Linearity 2300MHz to 4000MHz SiGe Mixer for LTE, WiMAX and MMDS Base Stations, Featuring Superior IIP3, NF and 2 x 2 Performance
DescriptionThe MAX19998 single, high-linearity downconversion mixer provides 8.7dB of conversion gain, +24.3dBm input IP3, +11.3dBm 1dB input compression point, and a noise figure of 9.7dB for 2300MHz to 4000MHz WiMAX™, LTE, and MMDS receiver applications. With an ultra-wide LO 2600MHz to 4300MHz frequency range, the MAX19998 can be used in either low-side or high-side LO injection architectures for virtually all 2.5GHz and 3.5GHz applications. For a 2.5GHz variant tuned specifically for high-side injection, refer to the MAX19996A.
In addition to offering excellent linearity and noise performance, the MAX19998 also yields a high level of component integration. This device includes a double-balanced passive mixer core, an IF amplifier, and an LO buffer. On-chip baluns are also integrated to allow for single-ended RF and LO inputs. The MAX19998 requires a nominal LO drive of 0dBm, and supply current is typically 230mA at VCC = 5.0V or 150mA at VCC = 3.3V.
The MAX19998 is pin compatible with the MAX19996/MAX19996A 2000MHz to 3900MHz mixer family. The device is also pin similar with the MAX9984/MAX9986/MAX9986A 400MHz to 1000MHz mixers and the MAX9993/MAX9994/MAX9996 1700MHz to 2200MHz mixers, making this entire family of downconverters ideal for applications where a common PCB layout is used for multiple frequency bands.
The MAX19998 is available in a compact, 5mm x 5mm, 20-pin thin QFN with an exposed pad. Electrical performance is guaranteed over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- 2300MHz to 4000MHz RF Frequency Range
- 2600MHz to 4300MHz LO Frequency Range
- 50MHz to 500MHz IF Frequency Range
- 8.7dB Conversion Gain
- 9.7dB Noise Figure
- +24.3dBm Typical Input IP3
- +11.3dBm Typical Input 1dB Compression Point
- 67dBc Typical 2RF - 2LO Spurious Rejection at PRF = -10dBm
- Integrated LO Buffer
- Integrated RF and LO Baluns for Single-Ended Inputs
- Low -3dBm to +3dBm LO Drive
- Pin Compatible with the MAX19996/MAX19996A 2000MHz to 3900MHz Mixers
- Pin Similar with the MAX9984/MAX9986/MAX9986A Series of 400MHz to 1000MHz Mixers and the MAX9993/MAX9994/MAX9996 Series of 1700MHz to 2200MHz Mixers
- Single 5.0V or 3.3V Supply
- External Current-Setting Resistors Provide Option for Operating Device in Reduced-Power/Reduced-Performance Mode
- 2.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- 2.7GHz MMDS Base Stations
- 3.5GHz WiMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Military Systems
- Private Mobile Radios
- Wireless Local Loop
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm