Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX19791 IC.
- On-Board DAC which Outputs 4V ±5% to Control the Attenuation.
- On-Board Power Supply +3.3V and +5V from MAX32625PICO.
- The Operating Frequency Range Extends from 50MHz to 4000MHz.
- 50Ω SMA Connectors on the RF Ports.
- All Critical Peripheral Components Included.
- A Micro USB Port for Interfacing with the PC.
- PC Control Software (available at www.maximintegrated.com/evkitsoftware).
- Automatic Level Control (ALC)
- Broadband System Applications, Including Wireless Infrastructure Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems
- General Test Equipment
- Lineup Gain Trim
- Microwave Point-to-Point Systems
- Receiver Gain Control
- Temperature-Compensation Circuits
- Transmitter Gain Control
- VSAT/Satellite Modems
- WCDMA/LTE, TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE, WiMAX®, cdma2000®, GSM/EDGE, and MMDS Base Stations
The MAX19791 evaluation kit (EV kit) simplifies the evaluation of the MAX19791. The MAX19791 dual general- purpose analog voltage variable attenuator (VVA) is designed to interface with 50Ω systems operating in the 50MHz to 4000MHz frequency range.
The MAX19791 is a monolithic VVA IC designed for Broadband System Applications, Including Wireless Infrastructure Digital and Spread-Spectrum Communication Systems WCDMA/LTE, TD-SCDMA/ TD-LTE, WiMAX®, cdma2000M, GSM/EDGE, and MMDS Base Stations VSAT/Satellite Modems. The MAX19791 evaluation kit hosts a microcontroller (MCU) that uses a serial peripheral interface to configure internal registers and modes. The graphical user interface (GUI) software running on a computer makes it simple to program registers and control the device operation. The evaluation kit is fully assembled and tested at the factory.
This document provides a component list, a list of equipment required to evaluate the device, a straightforward test procedure to verify functionality, a description of the EV kit circuit, the circuit schematics, and artwork for each layer of the printed circuit board (PCB).