Powerline Communication Analog Front-End Transceiver
DescriptionThe MAX2980 powerline communication analog frontend (AFE) integrated circuit (IC) is a state-of-the-art CMOS device that delivers high performance and low cost. This highly integrated design combines an analog-to-digital converter (ADC), digital-to-analog converter (DAC), signal conditioning, and line driver. The MAX2980 substantially reduces previously required system components, while compatible with third-party HomePlug® devices. This device interfaces with the MAX2986 digital transceiver to provide a complete powerline communication solution.
The advanced design of the MAX2980 allows operation without external control, enabling simplified connection to a variety of HomePlug Digital PHY ICs. Additional power-reduction techniques can be employed through the use of various control signals.
The MAX2980 is specified over the 0°C to +70°C commercial temperature range and is offered in a 64-pin TQFP package.
- Fully Integrated Line Driver and Receiver
- Seamless Interface to Digital PHY ICs
- Fully Integrated 10-Bit ADC and DAC with 50MHz Sampling
- 54dB Adaptive Gain Control
- Minimum Line Impedance Capability as Low as 10Ω
- 3.0V to 3.6V I/O
- 250mA in Rx Mode and/or 160mA in Tx Mode at 3.3V
- 64-Pin TQFP Package
- Audio over Powerline
- Broadband Access (Last-Mile)
- Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Powerline-to-DSL Bridge
- Powerline-to-Ethernet Bridge
- Powerline-to-USB Bridge
- Powerline-to-WiFi Bridge
- Remote Monitoring and Control
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|