Hot-Swappable, 21-Bit, DC-Balanced LVDS Deserializers
Hot-Swappable, Fully Integrated, Low-Jitter 3- to 21-Bit DC-Balanced LVDS Deserializer Reduces EMI
DescriptionThe MAX9234/MAX9236/MAX9238 deserialize three LVDS serial-data inputs into 21 single-ended LVCMOS/LVTTL outputs. A parallel-rate LVDS clock received with the LVDS data streams provides timing for deserialization. The outputs have a separate supply, allowing 1.8V to 5V output logic levels. All these devices are hot-swappable and allow "on-the-fly" frequency programming.
The MAX9234/MAX9236/MAX9238 feature DC balance, which allows isolation between a serializer and deserializer using AC-coupling. Each deserializer decodes data transmitted by one of the MAX9209/MAX9211/MAX9213/MAX9215 serializers.
The MAX9234 has a rising-edge output strobe. The MAX9236/MAX9238 have a falling-edge output strobe. The MAX9234/MAX9236/MAX9238 operate in DC-balanced mode only.
The MAX9234/MAX9236 operate with a parallel input clock of 8MHz to 34MHz, while the MAX9238 operates from 16MHz to 66MHz. The transition time of the single-ended outputs is increased on the low-frequency version parts (MAX9234/MAX9236) for reduced EMI. The LVDS inputs meet ISO 10605 ESD specification, ±25kV for Air-Gap Discharge and ±8kV Contact Discharge.
The MAX9234/MAX9236/MAX9238 are available in 48-pin TSSOP packages and operate over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- DC Balance Allows AC-Coupling for Wider Input Common-Mode Voltage Range
- On-the-Fly Frequency Programming
- Operating Frequency Range
- 8MHz to 34MHz (MAX9234/MAX9236)
- 16MHz to 66MHz (MAX9238)
- Falling-Edge Output Strobe (MAX9236/MAX9238)
- Slower Output Transitions for Reduced EMI (MAX9234/MAX9236)
- High-Impedance Outputs when Active-Low PWRDWN Is Low Allow Output Busing
- 5V-Tolerant Active-Low PWRDWN Input
- PLL Requires No External Components
- Up to 1.386Gbps Throughput
- Separate Output Supply Pins Allow Interface to 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, and 5V Logic
- LVDS Inputs Meet ISO 10605 ESD Requirements
- LVDS Inputs Conform to ANSI TIA/EIA-644 LVDS Standard
- Low-Profile, 48-Lead TSSOP Package
- +3.3V Main Power Supply
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Automotive DVD Entertainment Systems
- Automotive Navigation Systems
- Digital Copiers
- Laser Printers
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|