3.125Gbps XAUI Quad Cable Equalizer
DescriptionThe MAX3981 quad equalizer provides compensation for transmission medium losses for four "lanes" of digital NRZ data at a data rate of 3.125Gbps in one package. It is tailor-made for 10Gigabit Ethernet applications that require attenuation of noise and jitter that occur in communicating with chassis-to-chassis interconnect. In support of IEEE-802.3ae for the XAUI interface, the MAX3981 adaptively allows XAUI lanes to reach 10m (33ft) with inexpensive twin-axial cable for extended backplane applications.
The equalizer has 100Ω differential CML data inputs and outputs.
The MAX3981 is available in a 44-pin exposed-pad QFN package. The MAX3981 consumes only 700mW at 3.3V or 175mW per channel.
- Four Differential Digital Data "Lanes" at 3.125Gbps
- Span 10m (33ft) of Twin-Axial Cable
- Receiver Equalization Reduces Intersymbol Interference (ISI)
- Low Power, 175mW per Channel
- Standby Mode—Power-Down State
- Single 3.3V Supply
- Signal Detect
- IEEE-802.3ae XAUI Interface (3.125Gbps)
- InfiniBand® (2.5Gbps)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|