Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Dual CDRs Exceeding SONET Jitter Requirements with PLL Bandwidth Setting of 7MHz
- 540mW Typical IC Power Dissipation (ILD_MOD = 45mA, IBIAS = 45mA, Both CDRs Enabled)
- Independent, Reference-less Tx and Rx CDRs
- Pattern Generator for Receive and Transmit Paths
- Signal Loop-Back Paths
- Programmable Tx Input Equalization and Rx Output Deemphasis
- Pin-Compatible with MAX3956 11.3Gbps Transceiver
- Integrated Eye Safety Features with Maskable Fault and Interrupt Signal Generation
- Analog Monitors with Integrated 12-Bit ADC, Fully Supporting SFF-8472 DDM with Digital-Only µC
- High-Accuracy Temperature, VCC, and RSSI Monitors
- Auxiliary ADC Input at BADC for General Use
- OC-192 XFP and SFP+ Optical Transceivers
The MAX3955 supports differential AC-coupled signaling with integrated 50Ω terminations at Rx input, Rx output, and Tx input. The Tx output is a DC-coupled 25Ω laser diode interface with dedicated pins for the laser anode (TOUTA) and the laser cathode (TOUTC).
An integrated 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) is utilized to provide digital monitors of internal/external temperature, VCC, and received signal strength indication (RSSI). The MAX3955’s analog monitors and the use of a 2-wire or 3-wire slave interface enables configuration through either a digital-only microcontroller (µC) or through the DS1978 SFP+ controller (future product).
The MAX3955 operates from single +3.3V supply and over a -40°C to +95°C temperature range and is available in a standard 5mm x 5mm, 32-pin TQFN-EP package.