10Gbps 1:16 Deserializer with Clock Recovery
DescriptionThe MAX3953 is a 9.953Gbps/10.3125Gbps 1:16 deserializer with clock recovery for 10Gbps Ethernet and OC192 SONET applications. The integrated phase-locked loop (PLL) recovers a clock from the serial data input, and the data is then retimed and demultiplexed into 16 parallel LVDS outputs. Using Maxim's SiGe bipolar process, the MAX3953 can achieve 0.75UI of high-frequency jitter tolerance comprised of 0.50UI of deterministic jitter and 0.25UI of random jitter.
The MAX3953 includes TTL-compatible loss-of-lock (active-low LOL) and sync-error (SYNC_ERR) indicators that allow the user to verify that the part has locked on to incoming data. In case the incoming data becomes invalid, a clock holdover function is provided to maintain a valid reference clock to the upstream device. For proper operation, a reference clock of baud rate/64 or baud rate/16 is required.
The MAX3953 operates from a single +3.3V power supply and typically dissipates 1.5W. The operating temperature range is from 0°C to +85°C. The MAX3953 is available in a 68-pin QFN package.
- Serial Data Rate: 9.953Gbps/10.3125Gbps
- Clock Recovery with 1:16 Demultiplexer
- 0.75UIP-P High-Frequency Jitter Tolerance
- 16-Bit Parallel LVDS Output
- OIF-Compliant Parallel Interface
- Loss-of-Lock (active-low LOL) Indicator
- Differential Input Range: 100mVP-P to 1.2VP-P
- Clock Holdover
- Reference Clock: Baud Rate/64 or Baud Rate/16
- Temperature Range: 0°C to +85°C
- 10mm x 10mm 68-Pin QFN Package
- 10Gbps Ethernet LAN
- 10Gbps Ethernet WAN
- Add/Drop Multiplexers
- Digital Cross-Connects
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|