2.5Gbps, Low-Power, +3.3V Clock-Recovery and Data-Retiming IC
The Low-Power Way to Receive Clean 2.5Gbps Signals
DescriptionThe MAX3876 is a compact, low-power clock recovery and data retiming IC for 2.488Gbps SDH/SONET applications. The fully integrated phase-locked loop (PLL) recovers a synchronous clock signal from the serial NRZ data input. The data is retimed by the recovered clock. Differential CML outputs are provided for both clock and data signals, and an additional 2.488Gbps serial input is available for system loopback diagnostic testing. The device also includes a TTL-compatible loss-of-lock (active-low LOL) monitor.
The MAX3876 is designed for both section-regenerator and terminal-receiver applications in OC-48/STM-16 transmission systems. Its jitter performance exceeds all of the SONET/SDH specifications.
This device operates from a +3.3V or +5.0V single supply over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range. Power consumption is typically only 445mW with a +3.3V supply. The MAX3876 is available in a 32-pin TQFP package as well as in die form.
- Exceeds ANSI, ITU, and Bellcore SONET/SDH Regenerator Specifications
- 440mW Power Dissipation (at +3.3V)
- Clock Jitter Generation: 3.7mUIRMS
- +3.3V or +5V Single Power Supply
- Fully Integrated Clock Recovery and Data Retiming
- Additional High-Speed Input Facilitates System Loopback Diagnostic Testing
- Tolerates >2500 Consecutive Identical Digits
- Loss-of-Lock Indicator
- Differential CML Data and Clock Outputs
- 2.488Gbps ATM Receivers
- Add/Drop Multiplexers
- Digital Cross-Connects
- Digital Video Transmission
- Intrarack/Subrack Interconnects
- SDH/SONET Receivers and Regenerators
- SDH/SONET Test Equipment
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|