2.5Gbps, Low-Power, +3.3V Clock Recovery and Data Retiming IC
The Low-Power Way to Receive Clean 2.5Gbps Signals
DescriptionThe MAX3875A is a compact, low-power clock recovery and data retiming IC for 2.488Gbps SDH/SONET applications. The fully integrated phase-locked loop recovers a synchronous clock signal from the serial NRZ data input, which is retimed by the recovered clock. Differential PECL-compatible outputs are provided for both clock and data signals, and an additional 2.488Gbps serial input is available for system loopback diagnostic testing. The device also includes a TTL-compatible loss-of-lock (LOL-bar) monitor.
The MAX3875A is designed for both section-regenerator and terminal-receiver applications in OC-48/STM-16 transmission systems. Its jitter performance exceeds all of the SONET/SDH specifications.
This device operates from a single +3.3V to +5.0V supply over a -40°C to +85°C temperature range. The typical power consumption is only 400mW with a +3.3V supply. It is available in a 32-pin TQFP package, as well as in die form.
- Exceeds ANSI, ITU, and Bellcore SONET/SDH Regenerator Specifications
- 400mW Power Dissipation (at +3.3V)
- Clock Jitter Generation: 0.003UIRMS
- Single +3.3V or +5V Power Supply
- Fully Integrated Clock Recovery and Data Retiming
- Additional High-Speed Input Facilitates System Loopback Diagnostic Testing
- Tolerates >2000 Consecutive Identical Digits
- Loss-of-Lock Indicator
- Differential PECL-Compatible Data and Clock Outputs
- 2.488Gbps ATM Receivers
- Add/Drop Multiplexers
- Digital Cross-Connects
- Digital Video Transmission
- SDH/SONET Receivers and Regenerators
- SDH/SONET Test Equipment
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|