+3.3V, 2.5Gbps, SDH/SONET, 4-Channel Interconnect Mux/Demux ICs with Clock Generator
Move Data Inside SDH/SONET Switches at 2.5Gbps
DescriptionThe MAX3831/MAX3832 are 4:1 multiplexers (muxes) and 1:4 demultiplexers (demuxes) with automatic channel alignment. Operating from a single +3.3V supply, the mux receives four parallel, 622Mbps SDH/SONET channels. These channels are bit interleaved to generate a serial data stream of 2.488Gbps for interfacing to an optical or an electrical driver. A 10-bit-wide elastic buffer tolerates up to ±7.5ns skew between any parallel data input and the reference clock. An external 155MHz reference clock is required for the on-chip PLL to synthesize a high-frequency 2.488GHz clock for timing the outgoing data streams.
The MAX3831/MAX3832's demux receives 2.488Gbps serial data and the 2.488GHz clock from an external clock/data recovery device (MAX3876), converting it to four 622Mbps LVDS outputs. The MAX3831 provides a 622MHz LVDS clock output, and the MAX3832 provides a 155MHz LVDS clock output. An internal frame detector looks for a 622Mbps SDH/SONET framing pattern and rolls the demux to maintain proper channel assignment at the outputs.
These devices also include an embedded pattern generator that enables a full-speed, built-in self-test (BIST). Two different loopback modes provide system test flexibility. A TTL loss-of-frame monitor is included. The MAX3831/MAX3832 are available in 64-pin TQFP-EP (exposed paddle) packages and are specified over the upper commercial (0°C to +85°C) temperature range.
- +3.3V Single Supply
- 1.45W Power Dissipation
- 4-Channel Mux/Demux with Fully Integrated 2.488GHz Clock Generator
- Frame Detection Maintains Channel Assignment
- ±7.5ns Elastic Store Range
- 2.5ps RMS Serial-Data Output Random Jitter
- 8ps Serial Data Output Deterministic Jitter
- 622Mbps LVDS Parallel Input/Output
- 2.488Gbps Serial CML Input/Output
- On-Chip Pattern Generator Provides High-Speed BIST
- System Test Flexibility: System Loopback, Line Loopback
- Loss-of-Frame Indicator
- ATM Switch Networks
- Dense Digital Cross-Connects
- High-Speed Parallel Links
- Intrarack/Subrack Interconnects
- Line Extenders
- SDH/SONET Backplanes
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|