125Mbps to 3.125Gbps Integrated Limiting Amplifier/Laser Driver with Dual-Loop Power Control
Laser Autocalibration Mode Improves Manufacturing Quality and Reliability
DescriptionThe MAX3711 limiting amplifier and laser driver provides a highly integrated, low-cost, high-performance PMD solution.
The low-jitter laser diode driver provides transmit average power control (APC) of laser bias current as well as an integrated modulation current control loop (extinction ratio control, or ERC). The ERC eliminates the need for temperature lookup tables (LUTs) controlling the modulation current.
The low-noise limiting amplifier maximizes optical sensitivity and has adjustable SD/LOS threshold plus programmable output levels. The differential CML output stage features a slew-rate adjustment for 1.25Gbps operation. Integrated bias current monitor and Tx power monitor enable a low-cost implementation of modules with digital diagnostics.
A novel auto-calibration mode enables low-cost fiber optic module production. An integrated 3-wire digital interface controls the laser driver and limiting amplifier functions, and enables communication with a low-cost controller.
The MAX3711 is offered in a small, 4mm x 4mm, 24-pin TQFN package with exposed pad, and operates over the -40°C to +95°C temperature range.
- Simplifies Module Manufacturing
- Enables Single-Temperature Module Testing
- Production Laser Auto-Calibration Mode
- Improved Performance
- Integrated APC Loop (Operates Up to 3.125Gbps)
- Integrated ERC Loop (Operates Up to 2.7Gbps)
- 1.3mVP-P Receiver Sensitivity
- LVDS, LVPECL, and CML Compatible High-Speed I/Os
- Programmable I/O Polarity
- 3-Wire Digital Interface
- Safety and Reliability
- Integrated Safety Features with FAULT Mask Register
- Supports SFP MSA and SFF-8472 Digital Diagnostic
- Selectable Analog Monitor of Laser Power or BIAS Current at BMON Pin
- CPRI/OBSAI SFP/SFF Transceivers
- CWDM SFP Transceivers
- Ethernet SFP/SFF Transceivers
- OC-3 to OC-48 SFP/SFF Transceivers
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|