622Mbps, 3.3V Clock-Recovery and Data-Retiming IC with Limiting Amplifier
High-Performance, Low-Power 622Mbps CDR
DescriptionThe MAX3676 is a complete clock-recovery and data-retiming IC incorporating a limiting amplifier. It is intended for 622Mbps SDH/SONET applications and operates from a single +3.3V supply.
The MAX3676 is designed for both section-regenerator and terminal-receiver applications in OC12/STM-4 transmission systems. Its jitter performance exceeds all SONET/SDH specifications.
The MAX3676 has two differential input amplifiers: one accepts positive-referenced emitter-coupled logic (PECL) levels, while the other accepts small-signal analog levels. The analog inputs access the limiting amplifier stage, which provides both a received-signal-strength indicator (RSSI) and a programmable-threshold loss-of-power (LOP) monitor. Selecting the PECL amplifier disables the limiting amplifier, conserving power. A loss-of-lock (LOL) monitor is also incorporated as part of the fully integrated phase-locked loop (PLL).
- Single +3.3V or +5.0V Power Supply
- Exceeds ITU/Bellcore SDH/SONET Regenerator Specifications
- Low Power: 237mW at +3.3V
- Selectable Data Inputs, Differential PECL or Analog
- Received-Signal-Strength Indicator
- Loss-of-Power and Loss-of-Lock Monitors
- Differential PECL Clock and Data Outputs
- No External Reference Clock Required
- Add/Drop Multiplexers
- ATM Switches
- Digital Cross-Connects
- SDH/SONET Access Nodes
- SDH/SONET Receivers and Regenerators
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|