+3.3V, 622Mbps SDH/SONET Laser Driver with Current Monitors and APC
Low-Power, Full-Featured 622Mbps Laser Driver
DescriptionThe MAX3669 is a complete, +3.3V laser driver with automatic power control (APC) circuitry for SDH/SONET applications up to 622Mbps. It accepts differential PECL inputs, provides bias and modulation currents, and operates over a temperature range from -40°C to +85°C.
An APC feedback loop is incorporated to maintain a constant average optical power over temperature and lifetime. The wide modulation current range from 5mA to 75mA and bias current of 1mA to 80mA are easy to program, making this product ideal for use in various SDH/SONET applications. Two pins are provided to monitor the current levels in the laser: BIASMON with current proportional to laser bias current, and MODMON with current proportional to laser modulation.
The MAX3669 also provides enable control and a failure-monitor output to indicate when the APC loop is unable to maintain the average optical power. The MAX3669 is available in 4mm x 4mm 24-pin thin QFN and 5mm x 5mm 32-pin TQFP packages.
- +3.3V or +5.0V Single-Supply Operation
- 40mA Supply Current at +3.3V
- Programmable Bias Current from 1mA to 80mA
- Programmable Modulation Current from 5mA to 75mA
- Bias Current and Modulation Current Monitors
- 200ps Rise/Fall Time
- Automatic Average Power Control with Failure Monitor
- Complies with ANSI, ITU, and Bellcore SONET/SDH Specifications
- Enable Control
- 622Mbps SDH/SONET Access Nodes
- Laser Driver Transmitters
- Section Regenerators
|Part Number||Target Oper. Range|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|