Evaluation Kit for the MAX3286, MAX3296 Shortwave or VCSEL (Common Cathode)
DescriptionThe MAX3296 shortwave or vertical cavity-surface emitting laser (VCSEL) evaluation kit (EV kit) is an assembled, surface-mount demonstration board that allows easy optical and electrical evaluation of the MAX3286 1.25Gbps laser driver or the MAX3296 2.5Gbps laser driver in the common-cathode configuration. Short-wavelength laser diodes (wavelength ≤ 980nm) and VCSELs typically require a common-cathode configuration. In the common-cathode configuration, the laser's cathode connects to ground and the laser is driven at its anode.
The MAX3296 shortwave or VCSEL EV kit regulates the laser bias current to keep a constant photodiode current or the kit directly senses the laser bias current and holds it constant.
Refer to the MAX3296EVKIT-LW for evaluation of the MAX3286/MAX3296 with long-wavelength laser diodes in the common-anode configuration.
- Drives Common-Cathode Lasers
- Includes Socket for Laser Insertion
- LED Fault Indicator
- Evaluates Either MAX3286 or MAX3296 (installed)
- Adjustable DC Bias Current for VCSELs
- Adjustable Photodiode Current
- Adjustable Modulation Current
- Adjustable Modulation Current Tempco
- Configured for Electrical Operation, No Laser Necessary
- ATM LAN Optical Transmitters
- Fibre Channel Optical Transmitters
- Gigabit Ethernet Optical Transmitters
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|