Evaluation Kit for the MAX3287, MAX3288, MAX3297, MAX3298 Shortwave or VCSEL (Common Cathode)
DescriptionThe MAX3287 shortwave or VCSEL evaluation kit (EV kit) is an assembled, surface-mount demonstration board that allows easy optical and electrical evaluation of the MAX3287/MAX3288 1.25Gbps laser drivers or the MAX3297/MAX3298 2.5Gbps laser drivers in the common-cathode configuration. Short-wavelength laser diodes (wavelength < 980nm) and vertical cavity-surface emitting lasers (VCSELs) typically require a common-cathode configuration. In the common-cathode configuration, the laser’s cathode connects to ground and the laser is driven at its anode.
When used with the MAX3287/MAX3297, the laser bias current regulates to keep a constant photodiode current (for shortwave laser diodes). When used with the MAX3288/MAX3298, the laser bias current is directly sensed and held constant.
This EV kit includes an extra blank circuit without components to demonstrate a small, tight layout optimized for optical evaluation.
- Drives Common-Cathode Lasers
- Includes Socket for Laser Insertion
- Evaluates MAX3287 (installed) or MAX3288/97/98
- Adjustable DC Bias Current (MAX3288/98)
- Adjustable Photodiode Current (MAX3287/97)
- Adjustable Modulation Current
- Adjustable Modulation-Current Tempco
- Configured for Electrical Operation, No Laser Necessary
- Extra-Small-Size Blank Circuit (for optical evaluation only)
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|