Bidirectional DC Powerline Communication Management IC
World's Smallest DC Powerline Communication Solution
The MAX20340 is a universal bidirectional DC powerline communication (PLC) management IC with a 166.7kbps maximum bit rate. The device is capable of a maximum of 1.2A charge current.
The MAX20340 features a slave detection circuit that flags an interrupt to the system when the PLC master detects the presence of a PLC slave on the powerline. This function allows the system to remain in a low-power state until a slave device is connected.
Many of the features of the MAX20340, such as master/slave mode, I2C address, dual/single PLC slave mode, and PLC slave address, are pin configurable.
The device is available in a 9-bump, 0.4mm pitch, 1.358mm x 1.358mm wafer-level package (WLP).
- Compact, Simple Solution for PLC
- Up to 166.7kbps Bit Rate
- 5.7kbps Data Throughput in Automatic Mode
- 1.2A Charge Current in PLC Mode
- Automatic Detection of PLC Slave Presence
- Flexible Configuration
- Single Resistor to Program
- PLC Master or Slave
- Dual or Single Slave Mode (Master Only)
- PLC Slave Address (Slave Only)
- I²C Address
- Small Solution Size
- Space-Saving 0.4mm pitch, 9-Bump, 1.358mm x 1.358mm WLP
- Game Controllers
- Handheld Radios
- Point of Sales Devices
- Tethered Wireless Headphones Hearing Aids
- Truly Wireless Earbuds
MAX20340EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX20340
Technical DocumentsDesign Solution 7175 Efficient Earbud Charging is All About Keeping a Cool Head
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|
- 925MHz to 2175MHz Frequency Range
- Monolithic VCO
- High Dynamic Range: -75dBm to 0dBm