Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- ±2mV (max) Initial Accuracy
- 5ppm/°C (max) Temperature Coefficient
- 5mA Source Current at 0.9mV/mA
- 2mA Sink Current at 2.5mV/mA
- Stable with 1µF Capacitive Loads
- No External Capacitor Required
- 100µA (typ) Quiescent Supply Current
- 200mV (max) Dropout at 1mA Load Current
- Output Voltage Options: 1.25V, 1.8V, 2.048V, 2.5V, 3V, 4.096V, 4.5V, 5V
- A/D Converters
- Cell Phones
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs, GPSs, DMMs
- Portable Battery-Powered Systems
- Precision 3V/5V Systems
The MAX6161–MAX6168 typically draw only 100µA of supply current and can source 5mA (4mA for MAX6161) or sink 2mA of load current. Unlike conventional shunt-mode (two-terminal) references that waste supply current and require an external resistor, these devices offer a supply current that is virtually independent of the supply voltage (8µA/V variation) and do not require an external resistor. Additionally, the internally compensated devices do not require an external compensation capacitor. Eliminating the external compensation capacitor saves valuable board area in space-critical applications. Low dropout voltage and supply independent, ultra-low supply current make these devices ideal for battery-operated, high-performance, low-voltage systems.
The MAX6161–MAX6168 are available in 8-pin SO packages.