Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Ultra-Small 3-Pin SOT23 Package
- Low Cost
- No Output Capacitor Required
- Stable with Capacitive Loads
- Load Regulation (2mA Sink): 8mV/mA (max)
Load Regulation (5mA Source): 0.9mV/mA (max)
- ±0.4% (max) Initial Accuracy
- Low 75ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
- 125µA (max) Quiescent Supply Current
- 50mV Dropout at 1mA Load Current
- Cell Phones
- Hard Disk Drive
- Notebook Computers
- PDAs, GPSs, DMMs
- Portable Battery-Powered Systems
These series-mode voltage references draw only 90µA of supply current and can source 5mA and sink 2mA of load current. Unlike conventional shunt-mode (two-terminal) references that waste supply current and require an external resistor, these devices offer a supply current that is virtually independent of the supply voltage (with only a 4µA/V variation with supply voltage) and do not require an external resistor. Additionally, these internally compensated devices do not require an external compensation capacitor and are stable with load capacitance. Eliminating the external compensation capacitor saves valuable board area in space-critical applications. Low dropout voltage and supply-independent, ultra-low supply current make these devices ideal for battery-operated, high-performance, low-voltage systems.
The MAX6100-MAX6107 are available in tiny 3-pin SOT23 packages.