The MAX6078 precision voltage reference family provides low drift and low noise at a maximum power supply current of only 15µA. Low-frequency noise is less than 12µVPP (2.5V output voltage option) and the temperature coefficient of the output voltage is less than 10ppm/°C.
The reference output can sink and source up to 3mA of load current and the top grade provides an initial accuracy of 0.04%. The low drift and low noise specifications enable enhanced system accuracy, making these devices ideal for high precision industrial applications. A noise reduction (NR) input pin allows connection of an external capacitor to reduce wideband noise. Available output voltages include 1.25V, 2.048V, 2.5V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 4.096V, and 5.0V.
The tiny, 6-bump WLP and small, 8-pin TDFN-EP packages are suitable for systems where circuit board area is limited. The operating input voltage can range from 2.3V to 5.5V. Operation is specified over the extended industrial temperature range of -55°C to +125°C.
- ±0.04% Initial Accuracy
- 10ppm/°C (Max) Temperature Drift
- 12µVPP Noise (0.1Hz to 10Hz) at 2.5V
- 15µA Supply Current
- Long-Term Drift: 20ppm (Typ)
- 3mA Source/Sink Load Current
- Filter Option Reduces High Frequency Noise
- 100mV Dropout Voltage
- 1.5mm x 1.3mm (0.5mm pitch), 6-Bump WLP and 2mm x 3mm, 8-Pin TDFN-EP Packages
- Voltage Output Options: 1.25V, 2.048V, 2.5V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 4.096V, and 5.0V
- High-Accuracy Industrial and Process Control
- Precision Instrumentation
- High-Resolution ADCs and DACs
- Portable and Handheld systems
19-100579; Rev 0; 6/19