Improved Precision Micropower Shunt Voltage Reference with Multiple Reverse Breakdown Voltages
DescriptionThe LM4040 is a precision two-terminal shunt mode, bandgap voltage reference available in fixed reverse breakdown voltages of 2.048V, 2.500V, 3.000V, 3.3V, 4.096V, and 5.000V. Ideal for space-critical applications, the LM4040 is offered in the subminiature 3-pin SC70 surface-mount package (1.8mm x 1.8mm), 50% smaller than comparable devices in SOT23 surface-mount packages (SOT23 versions are also available).
Laser-trimmed resistors ensure precise initial accuracy. With a 100ppm/°C temperature coefficient, the device is offered in four grades of initial accuracy ranging from 0.1% to 1%. The LM4040 has a 60µA to 15mA shunt current capability with low dynamic impedance, ensuring stable reverse breakdown voltage accuracy over a wide range of operating temperatures and currents.
The LM4040 does not require an external stabilizing capacitor while ensuring stability with any capacitive load.
The LM4040 is guaranteed over the temperature range of -40°C to +125°C.
For a 1.225V output version, refer to the LM4041 data sheet.
- Ultra-Small 3-Pin SC70 Package
- 0.1% (max) Initial Accuracy
- 100ppm/°C (max) Temperature Coefficient Guaranteed over -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
- Wide Operating Current Range: 60µA to 15mA
- Low 28µVRMS Output Noise (10Hz to 10kHz)
- 2.048V, 2.500V, 3.000V, 3.3V, 4.096V, and 5.000V Fixed Reverse Breakdown Voltages
- No Output Capacitors Required
- Tolerates Capacitive Loads
- AEC-Q100 Qualified—LM4040BIM3-2.5/V+T, LM4040AEM3-3.0/V+T, LM4040AEX3-3.0/V+T, LM4040CEM3-5.0/V+T
- Cell Phones
- Industrial Process Controls
- Notebook Computers
- Portable Battery-Powered Equipment
|max||@ +25°C||min||max||See Notes|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|