DirectDrive Video Technology
DirectDrive® video amplifiers integrate a proprietary, internally-generated negative power supply that:
- Eliminates Large Output Capacitors
- Sets the Black Level to Ground
- Provides Full 2VP-P Video Signals, Even When Operating from a +1.8V Digital Supply
Benefits of Maxim's DirectDrive Video Technology
- Saves Space—Output capacitors and charge pumps take up critical board space in portable applications.
- Saves Money—Low-profile output capacitors in the 220µF to 2200µF range are expensive.
- Saves Power—1.8V solutions consume > 70% less average power than the competition.
- Improves Picture Quality—Output capacitors that cause field tilt and line tiltare eliminated. Maxim's internal charge-pump glitch energy (100pV/s) is not visible on the display. The competition's is visible!
Learn More about DirectDrive Technology and Video Filters