Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- SmartSleep Feature Detects Input Signal and Output Load Status to Reduce Power Consumption
- Standard-Definition Video Reconstruction Filter with 6.75MHz Passband
- Two Composite Inputs and Outputs
- Integrated Support for a Bidirectional Composite Video Signal
- Supports Two Video Loads at Each Output (DC-Coupled)
- 2.7V to 3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- Personal Video Recorders (PVRs)
- Portable DVD Players
- Portable Media Players (PMPs)
- Portable Set-Top Boxes
- Portable Video
The SmartSleep circuitry intelligently reduces power consumption based on the presence of the input signal and the output loads. When the MAX9513 does not detect the presence of sync on the input video signal, the supply current is reduced to less than 7µA. The device only enables a video amplifier when there is an active video input signal and an attached load. The video amplifier remains on while a load is connected. If the load is disconnected, the video amplifier is turned off.
The MAX9513 contains one reconstruction filter, two video amplifiers, and a pulldown switch at one of the two CVBS outputs. The MAX9513 has the ability to control the bidirectional video signals at the CVBS video connections without the need for separate switches or relays. This feature is particularly useful for portable DVD players, which often use the same connector to drive a composite video output and to accept an external video signal to display on the LCD panel.
The MAX9513 operates from a 2.7V to 3.6V single supply and is offered in a small 16-pin TQFN (3mm x 3mm) package. The device is specified over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.