Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- SmartSleep Feature Detects Input Signal and Output Load Status to Reduce Power Consumption
- Dual Standard-Definition Video Reconstruction Filters with 6.75MHz Passband
- Luma and Chroma Inputs
- Y/C-to-CVBS Mixer
- Luma, Chroma, and Two Composite Outputs
- Supports Two Video Loads at Each Output (DC-Coupled)
- 2.7V to 3.6V Single-Supply Operation
- Portable Applications
- Portable DVD Players
- Portable Media Players (PMP)
- Set-Top Boxes (STB)
The SmartSleep circuitry intelligently reduces power consumption based on the presence of the input signal and the output loads. When the MAX9512 does not detect the presence of sync on luma, the supply current is reduced to less than 7µA. The device only enables a video amplifier when there is an active video input signal and an attached load. The video amplifier remains on while a load is connected. If the load is disconnected, the video amplifier is turned off.
The MAX9512 operates from a 2.7V to 3.6V single supply and is offered in a small, 16-pin TQFN (3mm x 3mm) package. The device is specified over the -40°C to +125°C automotive temperature range.