DisplayPort to DVI™/HDMI Level Shifter
High-Speed DisplayPort to DVI/HDMI Level Shifter
DescriptionThe MAX9406 high-speed, low-skew, quad differential input to current-mode logic (CML) translator features high-speed signal conversion of the DisplayPort™ (DP) to High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) technology. This device features ultra-low propagation delay of 350ps and channel-to-channel skew of less than 20ps. The MAX9406 supports typical data rates of 2Gbps.
The MAX9406 provides the level shift for HDMI's Display Data Channel (DDC) and hot-plug detection (HPD), which converts the 5V single-ended logic to 3.3V single-ended logic.
The MAX9406 operates from a 3V to 3.6V core supply and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range. This device is available in 48-pin, 7mmx 7mm thin QFN and 32-pin, 5mm x 5mm thin QFN packages.
- 500mV Differential HDMI Output at 2Gbps Data Rate
- 350ps Propagation Delay
- 20ps Channel-to-Channel Skew at 2Gbps
- Low Jitters: DJ = 11psP-P and RJ = 0.5psRMS
- Bidirectional Level Shifter of 5V to 3.3V for DDC Pins
- Level Shifter of 5V to 3.3V for I/Os
- Integrated 50Ω Input Terminations and Biasing
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- Backplane Data and Clock Distribution
- Base Stations
- Data and Clock Driver and Buffer
- Level Conversion for DP to HDMI
MAX9406EVKIT: Evaluation Kit for the MAX9406
Technical DocumentsApp Note 4313 Video Display Signals and the MAX9406 DP-HDMI/DVI Level Shifter—Part II
App Note 4306 Video Display Signals and the MAX9406 DP-HDMI/DVI Level Shifter—Part I
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|