Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- 7-Bit Adjustable VCOM Calibrator (DVR)
- 14 Programmable Gamma Outputs for LCD
- Column Driver ICs
- 8-Bit DAC Resolution for Upper and Lower Range Outputs
- Maximum Output Swing of (AVDD - 0.2V) (OUT1–OUT7)
- Minimum Output Swing of (GND + 0.2V) (OUT8–OUT14)
- Four Independent Reference Inputs
- Four Independent Buffered Reference Outputs
- 9V to 20V Analog Supply
- 2V to 5.5V Digital Supply
- 400kHz I²C-Compatible Serial Interface
- Pin-Selectable I²C Address Bit Allows Two Slave IDs
- Backward Compatible with the MAX5678
- TFT-LCD Panels for Desktop Monitors
- TFT-LCD Panels for Flat Screen TVs
The MAX5679 features a digitally programmable voltage reference (DVR) with 7-bit adjustable current sink to set the LCD common backplane (VCOM) voltage. The MAX5679 includes a power-on reset (POR) function that configures all 14 programmable gamma outputs to predetermined levels upon initial power-up.
The MAX5679 is available in a 5mm x 5mm, 32-pin TQFN package and is specified over the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.