Quad, High-Speed HDMI/DVI 2:1 Digital Video Switch
High-Speed Analog Switch Designed for HDMI/DVI Digital Video Switching
DescriptionThe MAX4886 high-speed analog switch is ideal for HDMI™/DVI™ switching applications, permitting 2:1 or 1:2 switching. The MAX4886 contains four differential pairs of 1:2 or 2:1 switches for RGB and clocking signals. The MAX4886 connects either one monitor to one of two digital video signals, or one HDMI/DVI source to one of two loads (sink).
The MAX4886 set of differential switches is based on an nFET architecture with internal charge pump for gate overdrive. This advanced architecture results in an extremely low capacitance and on-resistance needed for the excellent return loss requirements for digital switching. An efficient internal charge-pump design offers very low quiescent current for power-sensitive notebook designs.
The MAX4886 features 8Ω (typ) on-resistance and 2.5pF on-capacitance switches for routing RGB and CLK video signals. The MAX4886 is a high-frequency companion device to the MAX4929. These two devices combined perform the full 2:1 HDMI/DVI switching function.
The MAX4886 is available in a space-saving, 42-pin, 3.5mm x 9.0mm TQFN package and operates over the extended -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Single +3.0V to +3.6V Power Supply
- Low On-Resistance (RON): 8Ω (typ)
- Low On-Capacitance (CON): 2.5pF (typ)
- Low Skew: 20ps (typ)
- 700μA Low Supply Current
- 2.6GHz (typ) Ultra-High Bandwidth
- 0.6dB (typ) Ultra-Low Insertion Loss
- High-Frequency Companion Device to MAX4929
- Use MAX4886 and MAX4929 to Form a Complete HDMI/DVI 2:1 Switch
- 42-Pin, 3.5mm x 9.0mm, Space-Saving TQFN
- 1000 Base-BX, Switching
- Digital HDTV Swicth Boxes/Tuners
- Digital Video Recorders
- HDTV Monitors/Receivers
- LVDS Switching
- Multimedia Audio/Video Switchers
- Notebook Computers
- Servers/Routers with DVI Interfaces
- Video Projectors
|Part Number||Protocol||Functions||Config.||Channels||Normal Position||VSUPPLY (Single)|
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C||Material Composition|