The MAX31342 low-current, real-time clock (RTC) is a time-keeping device that provides an extremely low time-keeping current, permitting longer life from a power supply. The MAX31342 supports 6pF high-ESR crystals, which broaden the pool of usable crystals for the devices. This device is accessed through an I2C serial interface. An integrated power-on reset function ensures deterministic default register status upon power-up.
Other features include two time-of-day alarms, interrupt outputs, a programmable square-wave output, and a serial bus timeout mechanism. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The date at the end of the month is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year. The clock operates in 24-hour mode. The MAX31342 also includes an input for synchronization. When a reference clock (e.g., 32kHz, 50Hz/60Hz Power Line, GPS 1PPS) is present at the CLKIN pin and the enable external clock input bit (ECLK) is set to 1, the MAX31342 RTC is frequency-locked to the external clock and the clock accuracy is determined by the external source.
The device is available in lead(Pb)-free/RoHS-compliant, 8-pin wafer-level package (WLP) 1mm x 2mm package with 0.5mm pitch. The device supports the -40°C to +85°C extended temperature range.
- Increases Battery Life
- 150nA Timekeeping Current
- Wide Range of External Crystals with CL = 6pF and ESR up to 100kΩ for Minimal Current Draw
- Provides Flexible Configurability
- Programmable Square Wave Output for Clock Monitoring
- Saves Board Space
- Integrated Load Capacitors for Crystal Oscillator
- 1mm x 2mm, 8-Bump WLP with 0.5mm Pitch
- Value Add Features for Ease of Use
- +1.6V to +3.6V Operating Voltage Range
- Countdown Timer with Repeat Function
- Integrated Protection
- Power-On Reset for Default Configuration
- Lockup-Free Operation with Bus Timeout
- Point-of-Sale (POS)
- Portable Instruments
- Portable Audio
- Power Meters
19-100457; Rev 2; 4/19