- Real-time clock/calendar: tracks hundredths of seconds, seconds, minutes, hours, days, date, months, years, and leap years
- Accuracy >±2 minutes/month at 25°C
- Watchdog timer monitors/restarts processor
- Programmable time-of-day and real-time watchdog alarms
- Interrupt outputs active during battery backup mode
- Controller circuitry supports up to 128k x 8 external SRAM
- All registers individually addressed through bytewide interface
- 50 bytes of user NV RAM
- Low-power CMOS circuitry: <1µA battery current in standby mode
- Square wave outputs
- Operating range: 0°C to +70°C
- Voltage/power-fail tolerance: 5V ±10%
Clock and alarm settings are programmed and on-chip memory is addressed through a bytewide interface. The clock data can be output in either 24-hour or 12-hour format with a.m./p.m. indicator.
The DS1384 connects to a 32.768kHz crystal for a clock reference and battery for backup; no external capacitors or resistors are required. Dallas timekeepers operate with the lowest power consumption in the industry, consuming less than 0.5µA while maintaining accurate and reliable timekeeping on battery power.