Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) Keeps Track of Hundredths of Seconds, Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Days, Date, Months, and Years with Automatic Leap-Year Compensation Valid Up to the Year 2100
- 2M x 8 NV SRAM
- Watch Function is Transparent to RAM Operation
- Automatic Data Protection During Power Loss
- Unlimited Write-Cycle Endurance
- Surface-Mountable BGA Module Construction
- Over 10 Years of Data Retention in the Absence of Power
- Battery Monitor Checks Remaining Capacity Daily
- +3.3V Operation
- RAID Systems
- Telecom Switches
The phantom clock provides timekeeping information including hundredths of seconds, seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, and year information. The date at the end of the month is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including correction for leap years. The phantom clock operates in either 24-hour or 12-hour format with an AM/PM indicator.
Because the DS1254 has a total of 168 balls and only 35 active signals, balls are wired together into groups, thus providing redundant connections for every signal.