12-Bit, 200Msps, High-Dynamic-Performance, Dual DAC with CMOS Inputs
DescriptionThe MAX5873 is an advanced 12-bit, 200Msps, dual digital-to-analog converter (DAC). This DAC meets the demanding performance requirements of signal synthesis applications found in wireless base stations and other communications applications. Operating from 3.3V and 1.8V supplies, this dual DAC offers exceptional dynamic performance such as 78dBc spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR) at fOUT = 16MHz and supports update rates of 200Msps, with a power dissipation of only 255mW.
The MAX5873 utilizes a current-steering architecture that supports a 2mA to 20mA full-scale output current range, and allows a 0.1VP-P to 1VP-P differential output voltage swing. The MAX5873 features an integrated 1.2V bandgap reference and control amplifier to ensure high-accuracy and low-noise performance. A separate reference input (REFIO) allows for the use of an external reference source for optimum flexibility and improved gain accuracy.
The digital and clock inputs of the MAX5873 accept 3.3V CMOS voltage levels. The MAX5873 features a flexible input data bus that allows for dual-port input or a single-interleaved data port. The MAX5873 is available in a 68-pin QFN package with an exposed paddle (EP) and is specified for the extended temperature range (-40°C to +85°C).
Refer to the MAX5874 and MAX5875 data sheets for pin-compatible 14-bit and 16-bit versions of the MAX5873, respectively. Refer to the MAX5876 for an LVDS-compatible version of the MAX5873.
See a parametric table of the complete family of pin-compatible 12-/14-/16-bit high-speed DACs.
- 200Msps Output Update Rate
- Noise Spectral Density = -152dBFS/Hz at fOUT = 16MHz
- Excellent SFDR and IMD Performance
- SFDR = 78dBc at fOUT = 16MHz (to Nyquist)
- SFDR = 73dBc at fOUT = 80MHz (to Nyquist)
- IMD = -85dBc at fOUT = 10MHz
- IMD = -74dBc at fOUT = 80MHz
- ACLR = 74dB at fOUT = 61MHz
- 2mA to 20mA Full-Scale Output Current
- CMOS-Compatible Digital and Clock Inputs
- On-Chip 1.2V Bandgap Reference
- Low 255mW Power Dissipation
- 68-Lead QFN-EP Package
- Evaluation Kit Available (MAX5873EVKIT)
- Automated Test Equipment (ATE)
- Base Stations: Single-Carrier UMTS, CDMA, GSM
- Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTS)
- Communications: Fixed Broadband Wireless Access, Point-to-Point Microwave
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS)
|@ fOUT||See Notes|
|MAX5873||12||200||2||78 @ 16MHz||0.13||0.2||255||Parallel|
|See All High-Speed DACs (48)|
| Pricing Notes: |
This pricing is BUDGETARY, for comparing similar parts. Prices are in U.S. dollars and subject to change. Quantity pricing may vary substantially and international prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees, and exchange rates. For volume-specific and version-specific prices and delivery, please see the price and availability page or contact an authorized distributor.
Technical DocumentsTutorial 4993 Reduce the Chances of Human Error: Part 2, Super Amps and Filters for Analog Interface
App Note 3716 Folded-Frequency Calculator
Quality and Environmental DataProduct Reliability Reports: MAX5873.pdf
Lead-Free Package Tin (Sn) Whisker Reports
|Device||Fab Process||Technology||Sample size||Rejects||FIT at 25°C||FIT at 55°C|
- High-Density Cable Downstream Modulator
- Highly Flexible and Configurable
- Additional Features Ease RF Design