Simplified Block Diagram
Click any title below to view the detail page where available.
- Evaluates MAX5869 RF DAC Performance, Capability and Feature Set
- Single 3.3V Input Voltage Supply
- Maximum 5.9Gsps Update Rate
- Direct Interface with Xilinx VC707 Data Source Board
- Windows 7/8/10 Compatible Software
- Optional On-Board SPI Interface Control for the MAX5869
- On-Board SMBus™ Interface Control for the MAX6654 Temperature Sensor
- GUI Controls for VC707 Operation
- Proven 10-Layer PCB Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX5869 evaluation kit (EV kit) contains a single MAX5869 high-performance interpolating and modulating 16-bit 5.9Gsps RF DAC that can directly synthesize up to 600MHz of instantaneous bandwidth from DC to frequencies greater than 2.8GHz. The device is optimized for cable and digital video broadcast applications and meets spectral mask requirements for a broad set of communication standards, including EPoC, DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-C2, ISDB-T, and DOCSIS 3.0/3.1. The EV Kit provides a complete system for evaluating the performance of the MAX5869 device and a platform for developing a digital video solution.
The MAX5869 EV kit connects to one FMC connector on the Xilinx® VC707 evaluation kit, allowing the VC707 to communicate with the MAX5869’s JESD204B serial link interface.
The EV kit includes Windows® 7/8/10 compatible software that provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for configuration of all of the MAX5869 registers through the SPI interface, control of the VC707 FPGA, and temperature monitoring.